Exploring Nature with children is essential to raise independent learners. Children are the true nature explorers; they use all of their five senses to explore nature’s true colors.
They critically observe everything in their surroundings and take an intense look at the sight and smell the freshness and they run, jump, climb, dig, touch, and taste, so in that way, they discover a list of new things.
Benefit of Exploring Nature with Children
There are many benefits of exploring nature with children, some of which are as follows:
- Exploring nature with children helps them learn skills on a vast level and gives them many practical experiences.
- Builds confidence in Children. When thy interact with the outside environment, they learn how they have to deal with it.
- Improve creativity. It enhances their skills more openly, and they learn to cope with the world more extremely.
- Exploring nature teaches them a sense of responsibility. If the living parts of the environment are not treated properly, it leads to death. So, they learned that they don’t have to separate the flower from its root, as well as they have to give water to the plant.
- Reduces fatigue and stress. Whatever green gives their eyes freshness and makes them feel pleasant.
- Enhances their physical fitness. When children play in the outside environment and perform different activities like:
- Climbing trees,
- Standing on one foot,
- Jumping onto the puddles etc.
- Make them strong. They learn how to interact with other children. They taught me how to cope with situations on an individual level.
- Enhances their intellectual skills. They learn how to question, ask about things and think about the situation. Children take risks and then may fail, but in the end, they learn. So, they try and try again, which builds confidence in them.
Top 10Ways For Exploring Nature with Children
The following are the best ways to explore nature with your child:
One of the best ways for exploring nature activity with children is to plant a garden. To make the environment healthy, it’s very important to grow plants on a vast level. So by plantation, children learn how to grow a plant and make their environment free of pollution. First, they have to learn how they can sow a seed and do a plantation. So, arranging camps and bringing your children to the places where plantation occurs is the best way to make them ready for plantation.
Fresh nature enhances their mental, physical and emotional fitness too. When they see their seeds grow to plant and now give flowers and fruits, it helps them feel proud of what they do.
2. Go to Beach
It is one of the most enjoyable ways of exploring nature . If you are lucky enough and the beach is near your house, then it’s a very good way to explore nature on the beach. Children can play with sand, make sandcastles, splashes water on their friends. They can also collect seashells and sea stones, and they can also learn how to catch fish. So it’s the best way too to enhance their creativity skills on a vast level.
The easiest way to explore nature with kids is to plan a picnic with them. Children can play different games there and also observe a lot of animals and plants in their surroundings. They can learn a lot about climate and changes in weather like rain, hot, wind, clouds, and snow and they learn how to share things with their mates and the animals around them.
One of the amazing ways of exploring nature is to take photos of nature. Nature photography helps children to explore their creativity, and they can take pictures of whatever attracts them. After doing this, they can print these photos and paste them on their books, walls or wherever they like. It makes their memories remarkably beautiful.
The most incredible way for exploring nature is to draw it on the page. Arrange camps and give them a task that they have to draw what they observe. So in this way, children took a deep look at everything they were surrounded by, the smell, the freshness, the birds chirping and the beautiful sights. This enhances their creative skills.
6. Birds Watching
The most exciting way of explore nature for kids is to watch birds. Observing different kinds of birds, their sounds, their food, their ways to fly, there sitting, and their behaviors. It may sound not exciting, but when children do that, they learn a lot of new things, which is highly amazing to them.
The most enjoyable way of exploring nature is to collect different parts of nature. There, children can collect different things in a jar and then share every item with their mates, parents and friends. They can also smell and feel different things they gather in it.
The most adventurous way of exploring nature with kids is to plan a walk on nearby trails for hiking or mountain climbing. There, children can go hiking with the help of wooden sticks and observe various sights, things, wildlife, nature, a waterfall, mountains and a list of things.
9. Birds Feeding
Children love to feed birds. They can make houses for the birds and give something to birds to feed them. Like, put some water in the pot, grains of rice, as well as anything they can eat. Then watch from far those birds enjoy the things that children leave for them.
10. Rock Art
The most interesting way of exploring nature with children is to collect different pieces of rock and then paint on them. It enhances their creative skills as well as crafts that will be very fun.