Healthy food and exercise not only benefit the psyche but also reduce the risk of getting various diseases. Children feel more energetic and active when they eat properly.
The field of education must also play its part in the health of its students. In preschool, they eat the same food as the rest of the family.
It is a parental responsibility to provide their children with healthy food choices in a calm environment and to have a regular and regular meal schedule. On the other hand, your child will decide if he is hungry and how much food he wants to eat. The diet of children should be complete with minerals, vitamins, and trace elements. Adequate intake of calcium, zinc, and iron is particularly important for their development. Calcium is essential for the proper development and structure of the skeleton, teeth, etc.
Healthy Lifestyle and Healthy Eating
A healthy lifestyle now includes a combination of food and sports. At the same time, we must not forget that these two points are essential for the ideal development of the child. Those who are already doing something good for themselves and their health will be thanked by the body years later. This can reduce the risk of various diseases, such as heart disease or various cancers.
Proper Nutrition for kids
A balanced diet is one that provides kids with all the macronutrients and micronutrients that are essential for the human body. This is achieved through the consumption of a variety of foods by all Nutritional variety offers children nutrients and choices in what they eat.
Milk and dairy products are important sources of calcium. Zinc is essential for the smooth development and synthesis of tissues and all systems of the child’s body. It is found in meat and its products as well as cereals, in a less absorbable form.
Iron is a very important ingredient for health, but it has the highest incidence of nutrient deficiency in childhood. For this reason, it is necessary to have an adequate intake of iron-containing foods such as meat, milk, eggs, and green leafy vegetables such as spinach and legumes such as lentils secondarily.
A healthy eating habit in a daily diet and proper maturation is important in the developmental stages for the body and the prevention of subsequent disorders.
A Balanced Healthy Foods Ideas for kids
A balanced sample of healthy food should include:
- a small portion of salad at each meal and cooked vegetables or vegetable soup,
- 2-4 fruits a day (raw, mashed, as juice or compote),
- 2-3 servings of dairy products per day (milk, cheese, yogurt, cream),
- 1-2 times a week legumes,
- Twice a week fish, 4-5 eggs, and one to three times a slice of week meat or chicken.
- Olive oil
- It is also important for children to eat small snacks, as long as they are of high nutritional value, such as nuts, fruits, vegetables, milk, yogurt, bread and whole grains, toast, etc.
- Fats and sweets should be consumed in moderation.
7 Best Healthy food choices for kids
Valuable and economical for any table, the egg is the richest nutrient-healthy food for kids. Eggs have the greatest possible nutritional value when they are hard-boiled or at least when their egg white has thickened well.
Pasta is the favorite healthy food for kids and old all over the world and according to international studies, they win first place in the preferences, leaving behind foods such as meat, rice, and even pizza.
In recent years, however, numerous studies and experts seem to condemn white carbohydrates, ie processed cereals, such as white flour and white pasta. Pasta is known for the energy they provide to our body, due to the carbohydrates they contain, these complex sugars that stimulate brain function and nourish our muscles.
3. Legumes – Rice
They are healthy foods of high nutritional value, rich in plant proteins, fiber,, carbohydrates, vitamins, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, the main elements of the diet with very low-fat content.
4. Red meat
Red meat is rich in magnesium, an element equally important for maintaining good muscle, bone, and tooth health and essential for the heart. It contains vitamin B, zinc, and iron.
5. Fresh fish
Rich in magnesium, selenium, antioxidants necessary for the immune system and the proper functioning of the heart, blood circulation, and joints
It the best meal for kids, rich in selenium, zinc, and chromium, while helping to heal wounds, increase, and regenerate cells.
Chicken and poultry in general are rich in zinc, an element that strengthens the immune system and skin health. It also contains B vitamins.
Healthy Eating Tips for kids
Parents should offer their kids a variety of healthy foods. Healthy food choices are the addition to the daily diet of children of the following food groups”:
- fresh fruits and vegetables
- dairy products (milk, yogurt, cheese) or dairy substitutes
- chicken, legumes, fish, turkey, lean burger, eggs
- whole grains and bread
- Do not expect your kids to clean their plates completely. The child is encouraged to have food on the plate from all food groups.
- Regular healthy meals and snacks are the basic rules for kids. Three main meals that include: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 2-3 snacks are satisfactory.
- Sit down to eat with your kid to give him good company
- Create a calm environment at mealtime.
- Turn off the TV, remove distracting mobile and electronic games at lunchtime
- Avoid giving your children sugary drinks and fast food.
Food Chart For Kids
- 2 small fruits such as vanilla 10-15 grapes /cherries/berries
- 1 bowl of fresh salad cereal
- 3 full tablespoons cooked vegetables such as peas
- 3 full tablespoons cooked legumes such as beans
- 1 tablespoon dried fruits such as raisins/apricots
- 1 small glass of natural juice (if you drink more it counts again as 1 serving)
- Oranges, grapefruits, kiwis, strawberries, and lemons are rich in vitamin C which helps absorb iron from plant foods such as lentils and beans, so it is a good idea to give children a fresh juice or one of these fruits. after a meal with legumes or add lemon if they like for example in bean soup or black-eyed salad.
Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Kids
Breakfast is a very important meal for kids because it can either make or break your day. Its omission has been linked, according to studies, to a higher rate of obesity. As for the main meals, research has shown that children who eat with their parents at least once a day have better eating habits than those who do not eat any meals with them.
Children need a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals in order to meet the needs of their bodies for growth and health. When children start school they grow rapidly and usually increase their physical activity. This implies an increase in both their energy needs and their body’s requirements for micronutrients such as calcium, iron, etc.
Children need regular meals and snacks to meet their energy and nutrient needs. Frequent “bites” at the place of regular meals usually result in the child following an unbalanced diet. It is a good idea to start your day with a good breakfast such as milk and cereal to get the energy you need to deal with busy mornings in kindergarten and school. Intermediate small meals, such as a toast, 1-2 fruits, or a piece of cake until lunch, it will give them the extra energy they need until lunch.
Healthy Launch Food for kids
At noon it is good to have a variety of meals. To meet their nutrient needs, children need to consume foods from all food groups such as
1.Meat and Fish
On a weekly basis they can eat fish 1-2 times a week, once red meat such as beef, 1-2 times a week legumes or oily foods, and the rest of the days white meat such as chicken or other pasta-based dishes. Family meals will encourage children to enjoy a variety of foods
2. Bread, Other Cereals, and Potatoes
It is good for the child’s diet to be based on this group of foods. Prefer to give your child whole-grain products more than half the time.
3. Fruit and Vegetables
Try to give your child 5 servings of a variety of fruits and vegetables a day.
In conclusion: Hence, It is true that in our society, kids are increasingly eating in school canteens, which must play their part in healthy eating and thus contribute to the development of the kids, therefore schools should play their role in promoting kids’ health. Healthy food and snacks are the most important thing to enhance intellectual as well as physical health.