Reading for pleasure is a fine quality of child education. It entertains while getting the education. It is a vivid character of a learned person. Children enjoy reading in various ways.
They read poems, rhymes, stories, and puzzles. This type of reading enhances the ability to grasp the academic facts and views of nature. The aspiring factors of reading relish children with a high sense of knowledge. When a child finds interest in reading, it is referred to as reading for pleasure. So reading pleases the children with interest and intention. The pleasing factors multiply with the exposition of children to the interest worthy reading material.
Children’s Attitude for Reading of Pleasure
Attitude displays the likes and dislikes of the children. In general, children are shy about education. There is a need to create an interest in early childhood education.
he pleasing factors of reading generate likings for education among children. When they come to know that reading brings enjoyment, they read more and more. Thus reading becomes a way of education attainment. To build a reading attitude, parents and teachers should promote the pleasing trends of education. For achieving this target, they should promote books reading. The reading attitude itself pleases the readers ultimately. Playful pleasures of reading mark a milestone in the success-oriented attitude of children.
Children’s Attitude for Pleasure of Reading
Attitude displays the likes and dislikes of the children. In general, children are shy about education. There is a need to create an interest in education in their attitude.
The pleasing factors of reading generate likings for education among children. When they come to know that reading is a mode of enjoyment, they read more and more. Thus reading becomes a way of education attainment. To build a reading attitude, pleasing trends of education should be introduced by the parents and the teachers. For achieving this target, a liking for books should prevail. The reading attitude itself pleases the readers ultimately. Playful pleasures of reading mark a milestone in the success-oriented attitude of children.
Some Sources of Reading for Pleasure
For the concerns of pleasures for children, there are so many sources to explore. On the reading side pleasures, the following sources can be exposed to children of school age:
1.Various reviews of creative movies for motivating creative abilities of children
2.Short and interesting historical scripts and geographical maps to know the world well
3. Rhymes and poems for developing the aesthetic visions in children
4.Moral stories of lively origins in uplifting the character of children
5.Sharing puzzles and games among children to enable them in solving the problems
6.Carrying the children to libraries and museums for picking up the fresh knowledge there
7. These and other related read-worthy sources can build up the academic as well as social standards of the children.
Benefits of Reading for Pleasure
Following are the major benefits for pleasure:
1. Reading for pleasure meets both academic as well as personal progress motives of children.
2. There is a positive relationship between reading enjoyment and the success ratio of school children.
3. There is a good link between positive attitudes towards reading and scoring well on reading assessments.
4. Reading for pleasure is a pleasing activity that keeps emotional and moral results in the children.
5. Reading for pleasure enhances text comprehension and grammar knowledge of the children.
6. Pleasure in reading increases the general knowledge of the children.
Trends in Reading for Pleasure
Various trends have been observed regarding the readings for pleasure:
1. Commonly, it has been observed that the majority of children enjoy reading.
2. Small aged children enjoy reading more than the elder ones.
3. The situations predict that boys enjoy reading less than girls as girls are many fans of reading.
4. Children from poor families enjoy reading less than the children of rich families as they have little access to the reading material.
5. Reading for pleasure increases in the children as long they are exposed to new trends in reading.
Strategies to Improve Reading
Here are listed some strategies to accustom children in readings for pleasure:
1. Access to reading sources and books of their own improves children’s achievement in reading.
2. A major factor in increasing reading for pleasure is preference. Among children, preference and interest are highly related.
3. Literacy rewards such as books or booklets are much effective in developing reading habits in children.
4. Parents provided environments are essential to the early reading and fostering a love of reading among children.
5. Reading for pleasure is strongly influenced by relationships among teachers and children and among children and parents.
In conclusion: Reading is a necessity to educate the children. It is much easier for the parents and teachers to track the children on reading for fun This serves two purposes: enjoyment and knowledge. Reading for pleasure among children is an interest-based source of education. Hence it is recommended that children must be aligned on this path. It is a secure and sure source of improving love for education among the children.