Self esteem is the emotional evaluation of every child about his/her own worth and capability. It is a judgment of one self’s status in society. Moreover, it is as attractive as a social psychological construct in children. It is an influential predictor of several outcomes. These outcomes play an important role in the child’s academic achievements, playing happiness and satisfaction of infant desires.
Two Types of Self Esteem
There are found many types of self-esteem in literature but only two types are mentioned here:
1. One is what a child thinks about his/ her status as a person.
2. Second is the perception of a child that what other people think about him or her.
Importance of Self Esteem
It comprises many dimensions of life. A child comes in contact with various values and responsibilities such as social, moral, cultural economic values, and responsibilities. These values are the bases of the society made up of a child. Rational responsibilities conquer the living space for a child in society.
It is important to understand that validation of the values or norms requires acceptance of responsible tasks on behalf of children. Improvement of self-esteem is a challenging task in child education. These challenges prepare a child to become an efficient citizen for the future generations.
10 Tips to Improve Self Esteem in Children
Improving self-respect is essential for children to make them aware of the capabilities that they have to perform better in their careers. The skills and abilities of the children should keep on growing with the body growth of a child.
Sadly, many parents and teachers don’t know how to build self worth. The following are the top 10 tips to improve selfesteem in children. These tips are equally important for teachers as well as for their parents.
1.Become Role Model for your Child: Care your responsibility as a role model for the children, because the children copy their parents and teachers.
2. Try to understand on Child’s Nature: Pay individual attention to the children for better understanding, because collective instructions can’t be grasped by some children
3.Preconize Child’s Work: Give recognition to your children. They will become a good citizen to instill responsibilities in them.
4.Increase Self-respect: of your Child at Home: Communicate with the respectful manner as it is the sole way of self-respect
5.Regulate the Child’s Emotions in Appropriate Way: Help the children to understand their feelings for handling the immature elements of personality
6. Believe on Child Abilities: Identify the strengths and abilities of the children to make them aware of their competence
7.Forgive your child: Turn over the mistakes of children as learning opportunities by making corrections in the niche of time
8.Allow the Children to Make his decision Independently: Allow the children to make their own choices and decisions to give weight to their judgments
9.Encourage your Child Efforts: Encourage the efforts of children and acknowledge their successes as nothing succeeds like success
10. Show Tolerance: Tolerate children with the opportunities to contribute their experiences with others to learn a lot
Top 10 Benefits of Self Esteem
Self-esteem is essential for improving the self-development of children. Self-development refers to the methods, programs, tools, techniques, and assessments that support human development at the individual level.
Self-esteem prepares the child to accept the difficult challenges and it enables the child to accomplish the tasks. As per the time uses, children are required to involve themselves with different types of activity. It is the parental responsibility to keep the children away from negative activities. Following are the topmost benefits of self-esteem for children:
1. Children feel contented with their life because they know the pattern of self-respect
2. It enhances children’s confidence in their abilities to succeed
3. Children enjoy better relationships due to better confidence of people in them
4. Because of confident in their strengths, children can manage everything
5. Children perform better at any task related to their studies and responsibilities
6. The life of a child becomes more exciting as they try to use every opportunity and task
7. Children realize that they don’t need to be perfect so they feel less stressed
8. It is proved that self-esteem helps the children in adapting their behavior, values, and views to meet the expectations of other people.
9. Children succeed in all spheres of life because they respect everyone around them.
10. Self-esteem cares about the children in their recoveries of possible failures in life.
in Concluding: Building self-.esteem is necessary to get success in student and professional life. All the programs, training, and systems of education require self-esteem enhancement intentions. Parents and teachers should try to create self esteem building activities for kids.